As college newspapers across Georgia cover the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic on college communities, the Society for Professional Journalists Georgia Chapter is providing financial support to five student newspapers in Georgia to help bolster their newsrooms.
SPJ Georgia’s Student Advocacy Committee selected the following newsrooms at public universities in the state of Georgia to receive a donation.
- The Red & Black, University of Georgia (Athens)
- The George-Anne, Georgia Southern University (Statesboro)
- The Signal, Georgia State University (Atlanta)
- Tiger’s Roar, Savannah State University (Savannah)
- The Sentinel, Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw)
With these donations, SPJ Georgia is reaffirming its commitment to uplifting the journalists of the future during a time where student newsrooms are tackling ground-breaking stories such as the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and the role of students in the 2020 presidential election.